Having consulted all the data concerning the influence of COVID-19 on the 2020 events and despite the enthusiasm and effort already put into the SCWC Barcelona 2020, due to our responsibility, we are forced to postpone the Congress.
Depending on the evolution of events, it is proposed for the 8th, 9th and 10th of November 2021.
The title SCWC Barcelona 2021 will be changed to “Sustainability. Research, Economics and Health”. It is established with the aim of linking the Congress to society with workshops and open demonstrations, exploring the enormous potential of Scientific Gastronomy to generate a new paradigm that will contribute to finding solutions to major social challenges.
Main objective: To develop the manifesto with sustainability at its core
The congress has the potential to become the main reference and inspiration for a gastronomy sector that demands greater professionalization and for a population that inquires a more sustainable gastronomy adapted to new realities. This sector can be made up of:
- Chefs from all over the world who have received very technical training (the vast majority) but have no training in Scientific Gastronomy, and are aware that they currently need it to grow, advance and diversify (to develop Vanguard techniques, to have a greater understanding of the work they do on a daily basis and to be able to achieve the new role of the chef in society).
- Schools, universities and gastronomy research centers.
- R&D companies from the gastronomy world and the food industry.
- International public and private institutions seeking solutions for new realities, especially those focused on food.
- Population demanding a more sustainable gastronomy and industry.